Monday, June 14, 2010

The Infamous Kitchen












I designed this kitchen during my Interior Design as a Business course during my junior year in college. It originally measured in as roughly 1600 square feet, which I received much criticism over; it's since been reduced to roughly 600 square feet--still entirely too large for a dining room and kitchen, I'm sure, but I know I enjoy large spaces to entertain guests, and that's exactly who my "client" was.

Regardless, I present to you some rough images from the sketches. I fully intend on adding the finishing touches at some point soon--the dishes, the glasses, the artwork, the table decor, etc. The counterstools still need to be refined and given some definition, and the island still requires some attention--mainly a panel to cover the rear of the appliances. The dining room table is of my own custom design.

Enjoy, and as always, comments and criticism are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment